The successful candidate will become a member of a motivated IT/Operations team committed to making our mobile application products the best in the industry. On the IT/Operations side, we strive to keep TCS’s operation running 24x7. You will work with the IT/Operations team to provide daily operational support to the TCS Navigation division and also help in enhancing the existing network, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for daily operational support to TCS Navigation division.
- Design and implement complex IT systems, including network, server and database interaction.
- Administer all Linux servers (mainly RHEL), including creation of shell scripts to cover system admin tasks.
- Management of Open Source packages, including Apache and PostgreSQL.
- Work with other IT - UNIX team members to support all QA, Staging and production environments.
- Perform routine database administration (backups, archiving)
- Manage the deployment, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, network and telecom equipment, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Review, evaluate, recommend and develop objectives, policies and procedures to ensure that systems are meeting the needs of business functions.
- Perform LAN administration, including working with switches. Document and maintain system and network information, including software inventory.
- May be on call 24x7 – Rotation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- 5+ years’ experience with Unix / Linux (Redhat)
- Experience scripting: Bash and/or Python
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking
- Experience with SNMP is preferred (Simple Network Management Protocol)
- Experience with Linux services is preferred (DNS, SSH, Apache, NGINX, Varnish, etc.)
- Experience with: VMware vSphere 5 is preferred
- Experience with “Puppet” is a plus
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a plus
- Firewall and router experience a plus
- Hands-on experience with Network Hardware is a plus (Cisco, Juniper, Brocade)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to effectively handle concurrent projects.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- RHEL or Cisco certifications a plus
- Able to be on call 24x7 – Rotation (Approximately 1 week a month)
- Ability to learn fast in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to safely move and/or carry 40 pounds
TeleCommunication Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Telecommunication Systems - 2 years ago