Oldcastle Lawn and Garden
Job Requisition ID: 27958
Job Type: Maintenance
Work Time: Regular
State: New Hampshire (US-NH)
Postal/Zip Code: 03160
Maintenance and Repair Mechanic
The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but who greases the squeaky wheel?
As an Oldcastle Maintenance & Repair Mechanic you will install, adjust and repair production equipment. You will test manufacturing equipment and determine problem areas.
As an Oldcastle Maintenance and Repair Mechanic, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance, repair and installation of manufacturing equipment, such as production line machinery, grinders, front-end loaders, forklifts and other yard vehicles. Maintenance and Repair Mechanics also provide maintenance support for the various facilities and structures on company property. The successful candidate must be able to work safely in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Install, troubleshoot, adjust, and repair equipment, electrical components and special purpose machines as assigned
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists. Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Three years maintenance/electrician experience with at least two years working in a manufacturing environment. Requires prior experience with PLCs, and ability to read schematics
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Working knowledge of basic safety programs, particularly lock-out/tag-out procedures, as well as principles of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and mechanics
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 60 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
One of our employees says it best…
The great thing about Oldcastle is there never seems to be a shortage of opportunities." – Anass
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your on-line profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...