Company description: Kenexa
Kenexa* provides business solutions for human resources. We help global organizations multiply business success by identifying the best individuals for every job and fostering optimal work environments for every organization. For more than 20 years, Kenexa has studied human behavior and team dynamics in the workplace, and has developed the software solutions, business processes and expert consulting that help organizations impact positive business outcomes through HR. Kenexa is the only company that offers a comprehensive suite of unified products and services that supports the entire employee lifecycle from pre-hire to exit.
Job description: Sr. Network Engineer, Kenexa, Wayne, PA
Kenexa is looking for someone with 5+ years of Cisco networking experience in a 24x7 data center environment. The key requirements include working knowledge and troubleshooting expertise in Cisco*s core switching technology as well as routers and firewalls. The position requires excellent communication skills; strong security awareness; an independent worker/team player; and good organizational skills.
Primary responsibilities include designing, implementing and maintaining Kenexa networks and network devices across global data centers. Secondary responsibilities include supporting other aspects of Kenexa*s Hosting environment including: F5 Load Balancers; VMWare clusters; Windows & Linux servers; Citrix; IBM, EMC & Network Appliance Storage; SiteScope monitoring; Coradiant TrueSight monitoring; Trend AntiVirus; Kaseya*s inventory management tools and Kenexa*s product offerings in operation.
Support for the Hosting environment is shared across the Hosting team with an after-hour on-call rotation. Each individual on the team must be able to support many aspects of the environment while being be the lead expert on one or more technologies in the environments.
There will be some travel associated with the job. This individual will be given responsibilities commensurate with their abilities, knowledge, and aspirations. The person should have a positive service orientation, possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and be a polished professional.
- Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, & VPN*s.
- Strong technical and working knowledge of current networking protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, V-LANs, HSRP, MPLS.
- Strong security awareness is a must.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication & documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced, evolving environment both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects and see them through to completion
- Working knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory, DNS and Group Policy.
- Experience with VMWare is a plus.
- Experience with EMC or NetApp storage arrays is a plus.
- Experience with Redhat Linux server installation and administration is a plus.
- Experience with web server technology including ASP, ASP.Net, and J2EE is a plus.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining Cisco-based networks and devices across multiple data centers worldwide.
- Document existing infrastructure and configurations, implement and enforce best practices.
- Support all aspects of our hosted network environments while being the lead in one or more other areas.
- Provide after-hours on-call support on a rotating basis to ensure 24x7 availability of hosted applications.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and solve problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide relevant guidance & training to more junior members of the team.
- Additional responsibilities commensurate with their abilities, knowledge, and aspirations.
Dice - 2 years ago
Kenexa Corporation provides software, services and proprietary content that enable organizations to effectively recruit and retain employees...