Help create the stable foundation that Second Life is built on! Must have experience in system software engineering and system or network administration roles. Must also have experience working with large-scale systems (terabytes of data, milliseconds of latency, thousands of transactions per second per host).
- Create, deploy, and maintain systems that connect hundreds of terabytes of changing data with customers world-wide.
- Write software to help accelerate the construction of those systems.
- Be responsible for infrastructure such as DNS, SMTP, system deployment, LDAP, Kerberos, MySQL, HTTP, caches, and loadbalancers.
- Act as a technical resource to the rest of engineering.
- Write tools to support the primary on-call team.
- Troubleshoot any and all operational issues, including performance analysis.
- Participate in a second-tier on-call rotation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Linux administration and automation.
- Experience with Linux development tools including Python, Bourne Shell, and GCC.
- Strong knowledge of networking, databases, and web applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree and/or relevant experience.
- 6+ years experience in professional software engineering, system administration, network administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Linden Lab - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -