Requisition Number: 58407
Physical Location: COR-INVERNESS
Department Name: CEN LEGAL
Status: Full Time
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours per Pay Period: 80
Required Education: Bachelors Degree Preferred
Required Experience: 5 years
Certificate/Licensure: Certification Preferred
Contact Information: Alexis Kaufman
Responsible for assisting the General Counsel and Staff Attorney(s) in providing legal services to Centura Health and its affiliates for which the office of General Counsel is responsible.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Five (5) years paralegal experience; preferably in areas such as corporate law and/or health law
• Good computer and general clerical skills, good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
Assist the General Counsel and Staff Attorneys in providing legal services to Centura Health and its affiliates.
• Perform administrative assistant functions including, but not limited to, screening, referring, and replying to telephone inquiries, handle incoming and outgoing mail, maintaining files and record system(s), and scheduling meetings for attorneys.
• Assist attorneys in drafting legal documents and preparing for meetings and special projects, as assigned.
• Gather data and information and perform research for special projects, as assigned.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimal supervision and is able to plan priorities.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with Centura Health management, employees and other constituencies.
• Uses various two-way communication techniques on a regular basis, to exchange all information necessary and applicable in order to efficiently and effectively provide legal services.
• Participates as a team player in promoting a positive image of Centura Health and its affiliates.
• Solves problems, and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to appropriate and applicable projects and matters, including encouraging a cooperative work ethic and culture.
• Coordinates work processes and projects with other individuals and departments as is necessary to properly complete the project.
• Ensures that matters worked on in the Office of General Counsel and all legal matters within Centura Health and its affiliates are handled and maintained with the necessary and appropriate level of confidentiality.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
We extend the healing ministry of Christ by caring for those who are ill and by nurturing the health of the people of our communities.
CORE VALUES & STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Integrity: Honesty, directness, and respect for commitments made.
Stewardship: Respectful use of all natural, human and financial resources.
Spirituality: Acknowledgment of its central role in facilitating mental, physical and emotional health.
Imagination: Creativity and innovation in all we do.
Respect: Respect for all persons and our Christian identify, heritage and missions of our sponsoring organizations.
Excellence: Striving to exceed the clinical quality, customer service and cost performance expectations of our customers.
Compassion: Sensitivity and responsiveness to persons in need.
Centura Health is the region’s largest, integrated health care network with 14 full-service hospitals spanning Colorado and into...