ALATEC is one of the fastest growing private, government services companies in the United States. Based in Huntsville, AL; ALATEC operates in New Mexico, Texas, Kansas, Virginia, Florida, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Colorado Springs and Arizona. Driven by ethical business practices and a passionate work environment, ALATEC is committed to supporting the U.S. Soldier.
ALATEC is currently recruiting for a Software Developer to support Army Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC) and Fires Center of Excellence research to identify promising Field Artillery and Air Defense Artillery organizational concepts, systems, and munitions.
Chosen candidates will assist the Fires Battle Lab to develop & enhance the FireSim XXI model and manage the network/experiment environments.
ALATEC has an excellent benefits plan. In addition to low premium medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, paid time off, and an outstanding 401K, additional low cost life insurance, and out of pocket medical reimbursement up to $1000 per year.
- Provide technical design and programming for enhancements to combat system capabilities, unit behaviors, terrain interactions, data post-processing, graphical user interface (GUI)
- Provide written documentation of changes to source code, required to maintain FireSim XXI software. Written documentation will conform to established FireSim XXI documentation file formats and will be briefed to the FireSim XXI Configuration Control Board (CCB) when required
- Maintain proficient operator-level knowledge of FireSim XXI in order to provide operational support to the field for the following experiments and demonstrations
- Provide networking expertise in order to integrate and maintain FireSim XXI interoperability with tactical devices or other simulations in Distributed Interactive Simulation or High-Level Architecture experimentation
- Three years (3) experience in object-oriented programming(OOP) in C++ and/or C languages
- Direct military experience (preferably combat related)
- Experience in usage of Linux Operating Systems
- Experience integrating simulations into distributed simulation environments (Distributed Interactive Simulations (DIS) and High-Level Architecture (HLA) working within the MATREX Federation Object Model (FOM)
- Three years (3) experience with FireSim XXI coding requirements, architecture and data implementations (scenarios, force structures, fire systems, sensor systems, munitions, etc.) for code testing purposes
- Experience in areas of computer science, mathematics, statistics, object-oriented programming, data structures, and/or algorithm design
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related field
ALATEC is an EEO/AA employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ALATEC, Inc. - 23 months ago