Provide overall strategic, team development and process leadership to the Shared Service Center. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for building and managing business relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers. Implementing and monitoring internal controls in all Shared Service Center extended processes will be a key responsibility of this position.
People or Process Management Responsibility:
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the direct management of 3 department supervisors and indirectly responsible for managing 14 coordinators.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Responsible for Staff and Team Development in the Shared Service Center.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures for all Center related processes.
- Provide rigorous standardized process improvement and project management methodology to be followed by all teams.
- Implement and drives the SSC’s performance measurement and reporting process across all teams and processes.
- Ensure that teams develop and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Develop and implement programs to solicit and monitor the needs of internal customers.
- Responsible for Maintaining a Strong Internal Control Environment.
- Ensure that all accounting process are performed according to GAAP.
- Ensure all account reconciliations are completed properly and timely.
- Provide all audit requirements and information requests on a timely basis.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business/ Finance/ Accounting.
- Minimum 5-10 years managerial experience in a team environment.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, experience managing a large team of finance professionals.
- Experience effectively presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Project management skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Ability to comfortably move between process details and the "big picture".
- Experience effectively influencing leadership.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks / projects at one time, following through to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advance in Excel.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Experience in a finance shared service environment
- Experience with JD Edwards and Cognos tools
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service; overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resource department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug Free Workplace