SSD Applications Engineer
The NSG applications engineering team, within the NSG marketing organization, is responsible for (a) driving design wins with key OEMs in every business segment Intel SSDs are used; (b) managing design-in activities at key OEMs; (c) managing technical issue resolution; (d) driving industry initiatives; (e) supporting ecosystem development with partners; (f) defining and taking SSD supporting tools to market; and (g) driving awareness for Intel's SSD products. The AE team responsibilities are segmented by global regions and by customer accounts, where the responsible applications engineer will work closely with NSG business development managers to create and execute strategies within their account base which result in growing Intel's SSD business. This will be accomplished in a variety of ways, including owning the SSD technical face of Intel with Tier 1 customers, creating and delivering compelling product trainings to regional FAEs, driving closure of customer design-in activities, and managing all technical customer product issues, and creatively developing new business opportunities which further grow SSD demand.
In this position, you will be a member of the NSG AE team, owning a region or list of NSG accounts, responsible for representing Intel as a technical product expert and proactively driving business success. You will represent Intel as the key SSD technical resource and system architecture technology expert. You will also be responsible to develop product and technical collateral as well as training materials for design win teams. You will be working closely with customers to manage our technical engagement on Intel SSD product solutions by understanding qualification feature requirements, negotiating design-wins, and debugging and managing solutions to customer product application issues. You will be responsible for interfacing with customers and SSD ecosystem partners to understand the market landscape and help shape Intel's future SSD product definition and direction. You will collaborate with internal functional teams (PDTS, TMEs, PLMs) to complete product definitions/reviews that align customer requirements with product goals. You will work closely with customers and partners to establish strong relationships that deliver results meeting Intel's business objectives.
- Minimum 5-years work experience configuring, optimizing, and testing server, storage system, or other complex system products
- Experience with Compute and/or Storage System hardware and/or software using both Windows and Linux based operating systems a plus.
- Solid foundation with HDD systems/protocols and/or SAS/SATA/PCIe storage components and interfaces, RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders, and JBODs
- Experience summarizing, creating collateral and delivering top ranked technical or sales training to both small and large audiences of technical experts
- Demonstrated experience working with suppliers or customers to clarify requirements, manage expectations, and resolve complex engineering or customer engagement challenges
- Exceptional ability to work within a team, identify and leverage technical experts, influence functional capabilities to facilitate work products, and apply personal know-how to expand team body of knowledge and skillset
- Self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude; excellent interpersonal and written communications skills; unabashed longing to jump-in and help; active listening skills, including experience investigating and understanding customer requirements and proactively identifying potential issues
Mar 25, 2013
Mar 26, 2014
Employees in Intel's NVM Solutions Group deliver solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
Intel's NVM Solutions Group is the leader in SSDs for corporate client and data center applications. NSG is changing IT landscape and computing experiences by evolving platform storage with new form-factors, product features, and new memory technologies. Our current focus is growing SSD solutions across several vertical markets, including but not limited to Corporate Clients, IPDC, Content Delivery, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Cloud Computing, Supercomputing, and others. This dynamic group is strategically grown to become one of the leading SSD suppliers in the world and is a key to expanding markets and continuing the growth for Intel.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...