The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities seeks a Staff Writer & Editorial Director to serve as primary media writer, editor of publications, and occasional media relations contact for the CCCU. This position will work directly with the Vice President of Communications. This position is located in our Washington, DC office and is available December 2013.
The Council is a professional association of 174 campuses in 20 nations whose mission is to advance the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help its member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth. The Council coordinates professional development opportunities for administrators and faculty, manages U.S. based and international off-campus student programs, provides public advocacy for Christ-centered higher education and manages cooperative efforts among its member campuses. (www.cccu.org)
Main Job Functions
- Serve as the primary writer for all media writing projects.
- Serve as the editor for CCCU online and print publications, including the monthly CCCU eAdvance e-newsletter and the bi-annual Advance magazine
- Interface with both the CCCU team and CCCU constituents to provide timely communications content
- Work with the communications team on general communications projects
- Supervise freelance writers for the Advance magazine
- Assist with building, maintaining and communicating with media contacts
- Aid in pitching CCCU stories to the media
- Initiate new avenues of communications possibilities
- Communicate in a positive, winsome way with CCCU constituencies in accordance with the CCCU mission
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Communications
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities - 30+ days ago
The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) is an international higher education association of intentionally Christian...