Requisition ID: 013681
Academic/Internal Title Nursing Quality Data Analyst - Nursing Administration - Full Time 8 Hour Days
Division/School Keck Hospital of USC/USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Department: Keck Hospital of USC
Location: Health Sciences Campus
Employment Type: Full-Time
Percent of time for Part-time Position:
Salary Range: -
Job Announcement: Behind every patient success is the dedication of a unique team of skilled and talented individuals who help make the Keck Medical Center of USC one of the region's premier medical facilities.
As a member of the USC health care team, you will help build upon the university's exceptional expertise in patient care as well taking advantage of our excellent compensation package that could include shift and weekend differentials, online rewards-based scheduling, and generous educational benefits.
Come be a part of a world-class health care facility and an important member of the Trojan family.
This position is responsible for ongoing analysis of health care information, obtained from a variety of sources, including patient care, quality, and demographic data. It involves development and preparation of information products for the nursing department. It requires the ability to analyze health care data from conceptualization through presentation of the data. It requires proficiency with analytical tools (e.g. SAS, Excel), knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Bachelor's in Information Management, Healthcare Information, Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields.
- Master degree (preferred).
Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development.
- 2 Years. Or Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, XML and SQL (Powerinsight, Discern Explorer preferred).
- Competent using SAS, SPSS, or other statistical packages as needed for analyzing large datasets.
- Programming skills preferred. Adept at queries and report writing.
- Knowledge of statistics and able to communicate effectively with statisticians.
- Experience in data mining techniques and procedures and knowing when to use appropriately.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Experience with electronic health record applications (e.g. Cerner) preferred.
- Healthcare background or experience preferred.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
- A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 90 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum Education:Minimum Experience:Minimum Field of Expertise:
Preferred Education:Preferred Experience:Preferred Field of Expertise:
Position Type: New
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Keck Medical Center of USC - 12 months ago