The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivery and pickup of PODS™ containers to and/or from customer locations; provide an effective and incident free delivery or pickup of a container while maintaining excellent rapport with the customer.
- Driving and operation of a truck with a patented lift mechanism to load and unload PODS containers at customer sites
- Accept add-on deliveries required to meet business needs.
- Use Pod Pilot (handheld computer) for delivery verification and navigation.
- Operate a forklift and/or an overhead crane.
- Clean and inspect containers to be sure they are presentable for delivery to customer.
- Coordinate rental paperwork and payment with the customer.
- Communicate with the Driver Supervisor or Warehouse Manager on customer questions and/or issues; prepare driver notes as needed.
- Perform repairs and lift repairs of containers in the field and back at the warehouse
- Provide backup for warehouse functions when needed
- Maintain cleanliness of truck cab (keep free from debris inside and outside)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be willing and available to work on Saturday
- Regular attendance and punctuality required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Analytical, generates creative solutions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem solving; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; able to read and interpret written communication.
- Business acumen- Understands business implications of decisions.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational support- follows policies and procedures, adaptability.
- Attendance/ Punctuality- Is consistently at work on time; dependability; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Completes work in timely manner; safety and security- Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Leadership- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; inspires respect and trust.
- Quality management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Education and/or Experience
Language/ Math Ability
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months of experience employed as a driver performing delivery functions.
- CDL License Required.
- General knowledge of basic math skills, ability to add, subtract and calculate fractions/percentages.
- Effective listening skills.
- Strong written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively.
- Excellent command of the English language, good use of grammar skills. Bilingual skills helpful.
- Ability to identify needs through oral conversation.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, PODS’ proprietary software as well as other applications.
- Typing skills/data entry
Travel Requirements: Limited, less than 10%
- Perform duties under direction of the Warehouse Manager.
Hours / Shift:
Required to adhere to scheduled work times, including Saturdays/Sundays and may be required to work overtime as business needs dictate
- Maintain a current/valid driver license from the state in which position is assigned
- Have no moving violations during the past three (3) years (insurance requirement)
- Must be at least 21 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Ability to pass a background check and a drug test according to company policy
- Possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Ability to remain calm during tense or difficult situations
- Ability to act and react in a professional manner at all times with customers, co-workers and management
- Willingness and ability to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays
- Previous computer or hand held device experience desired
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a climate controlled office environment during normal business hours. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, and a drug test, and willingness to submit to random drug testing according to company policy
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and a reasonable representation of its activities.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
PODS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.