The program associate works in the Educational Resources and Organizational Development Division, which is comprised of the Wiener Educational Center, the Jewish Resource Center, and the Research Department, as part of a team responsible for professional development, Jewish enrichment, and educational programming for various segments of professional and lay leadership of UJA-Federation of New York’s network of beneficiary agencies.
Jewish Resource Center
- Assist in planning internal team and management group meetings and retreats.
- Work with steering committees to organize meetings and retreats for agency professionals, executives, and early career professionals.
- Serve as registrar and manage student scholarship, internship programs, and placement (undergraduate and graduate/year-long and summer).
- Develop and execute ongoing educational programs for internal and external student groups.
- With the executive director, ensure meaningful internship experiences.
- Oversee the library and the department’s social media efforts.
- Provide assistance on large-scale projects and events.
- Special assignments as assigned by supervisor.
- Research and prepare texts and materials.
- Oversee programming for holiday celebrations and ceremonies.
- Provide access to Jewish resources and ritual materials.
- Provide support for classes and holiday celebrations.
- Assist with coordination for the scholar-in-residence’s calendar and programs.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years of related experience.
- Familiarity with Jewish texts and Hebrew.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, writing, and administrative skills.
- Detail-oriented, with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Committed and passionate about the organizational mission.
UJA Federation of New York - 13 months ago