- Works as a pivotal team member to coordinate Safety & Security department actions provided to patients, visitors, and employees of Community Health Network (CHN).
- Monitors and provides appropriate immediate response to all public safety, property protection, risk management, customer and staff education, investigations, parking, and security contract services situations affecting CHN.
Must complete all required Security Officer 2 training; excluding MCSD training
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Criminal Justice and/or equivalent experience in Public Safety preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain essential information
- Appropriate evaluations of and response to all incoming activity
- Knowledge of Federal/State and local municipal agencies and city departments
- Coordination, reception, and transmission of radio traffic between Hospital Security and local police and fire
- Must complete Central Dispatch Officer written exam
- Must retain cross training for all Community Health Network sites
- Ability to work in security operations in emergency situations minimally as a level 2 officer