Solidus is searching for a Systems Administrator to support installation, operation, and maintenance of computer systems and networks used in the development of architectures and applications for a variety of research and development programs under sponsorship from the US Departments of Defense, Transportation, and Homeland Security. The position involves support to staff in the acquisition of computer systems, assembly and management of computer systems, network services, network applications, and network administration, as well as support activities such as diagnostics and repair of computers, peripherals, and network equipment.
End user support at the desktop will be an essential part of the daily routine.Requirements:
- Active Secret Clearance
- At least 5 years computer systems administration
- System administration skills using modern support tools are required
- Candidate must be available to travel in the U.S. for up to 5 consecutive business days on occasion
- Experience in order of priority:
1. experience with Linux OS, Windows and Macintosh as a systems administrator is required
2. VMWare vCenter experience is required
3. Cisco CCNA certification with 1-3 years of experience maintaining, troubleshooting and installing Cisco network gear and networks is required
4. Linux systems include Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, and Ubuntu. File sharing via NFS and SMB, cross-platform file permissions, configuration, and implementation is also required
5. Experience with administration of NetApp (NAS), SQL Servers, LDAP, DNS is required
6. Version control software (CVS,SVN) and Bakbone Netvault is highly desired
- Experience with hardware must include troubleshooting and replacement of standard components such as disk drives, memory, and mother-boards, as well as external peripherals to include printers and permanent and removable storage
- Backroom server support will include installation of servers and appliances in standard equipment racks
- Experience with making ethernet, RGB video and other cables is required
- Experience with applications such as OpenOffice, Mozilla Firefox, Java, Eclipse, Maven, etc.
- Experience with software development tools is highly desired
- Administration of a Hudson Build-Server is desired
- Strong candidate would be a highly organized and self motivated team member with enthusiasm to learn new things and who explores and uses the latest techniques and technologies, systems integration; debugging; documentation
- Electro/Mechanical technician experience would be highly beneficial
- Must be able to work in a team environment with limited supervision
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.