- Financial aspects of running a department: labor, food and beverage costs, controls
- Storage and labeling of all products: dry, freezer, refrigerated, etc.
- OSHA requirements and maintains department accordingly
- Supervisory skills: interview, hire, train, appraise, document, motivate
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts
- Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative feedback
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change
- Maintain organization of supplies, storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads, associates and home office support staff
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals
- Promote positive morale and aggressively friendly attitudes
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Maintain all Food Safety, Department of Health and OSHA standards.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and service.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
LBA Hospitality - 17 months ago