Manages the day−to−day activities in accordance with Medical Center policies and procedures. Contributes to the development on annual goals, objectives and departmental budget and actively facilitates the achievement of budgeted goals and cost objectives and the on−going evaluation of results. Participates in the selection, training, scheduling and/or development of Human Resources. Supervises an effective Quality Assurance Program for the department that is consistent with the overall Medical Center Quality Assurance plan. Develops and maintains a service orientation in performing duties with fellow employees, patients, medical staff and visitors. Has operational responsibility for the clinical/technical aspects of a section of the laboratory.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills.
- Develop conceptual designs for clinical services and plan and organize successful projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of PC applications.
- Demonstrates the ability to function autonomously and is an independent decision maker.
- Demonstrates effectiveness as a group leader and participant and the ability to collaborate with multiple members of the health care and administrative leadership team.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to manage care appropriate to the age of the patient
served within areas of responsibility.
- Incorporates knowledge of the principles of growth and development into service design and processes.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 2 − 4 years prior experience required;5 − 8 years preferred.
- MT (ASCP) certification required.
- TN State Laboratory Supervisor License
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CB\
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 24 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...