Provide production level database support in an enterprise class server environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Architect and upgrade databases and software on Linux and/or Windows.
- Make recommendations to users and business units to resolve day-to-day issues, and design solutions for new projects and for future growth.
- Perform in-depth technical troubleshooting and provide consultation to systems architects and development teams.
- Establish sound backup and recovery policies and procedures using a variety of tools.
- Proactively monitor and tune database and SQL performance.
- Recommend processes to maintain database security.
- Interface directly with vendors for technical support. Escalate if necessary.
- Guide others in the provision of after-hours pager/phone support for production systems. Interface with IT senior management to communicate status of issues.
- Provide Administrative support to Sybase and SQL Server database environment
- Provide Replication Server Administration support.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensures: Sybase or SQL Server Coursework/ Certifications
Relevant Work Experience: 5-7 years IT experience, 3-5 years database experience
Supervise Staff? No
If yes, please provide list of titles and count.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Computer Skills Required? Yes
- SQL Server
Other Job Specific Skills
XO Communications is a leading broadband communications service provider offering a complete set of communications services, including:...