Job Title: |
Sr. Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer- Mainframe & Engineering Solutions
This position will require a government approved background screening that verifies US citizenship, education, negative criminal history and egregious financial history.
Our Global Technology & Operation group is growing and we are seeking a versatile Senior Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer programmer skilled in z/OS, z/VM, zLinux and Unix System Services to work in the Albany/Troy NY Area. This position requires the ability to plan, install, configure, customize and maintain IBM z/OS operating system software and various other base and optional features including TSO/E, ISPF/PDF, JES2, SDSF, and Communication Server IP/SNA, in a multi-LPAR SYSPLEX environment. Additional responsibilities also include management, maintenance, and upgrade of various IBM program products and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) software. The candidate must also be able to provide on-call services after normal working hours to respond to serious issues or to implement potentially high-impact configuration changes. Linux knowledge would be helpful and including the ability to upgrade several existing Linux servers to a supported release. These tasks include verifying coexistence maintenance, establishing upgrade and fallback procedures, preparing/executing the installation and ensuring functionality with other subsystems and applications.
- Thorough knowledge of installation tools to include SMP/E, ServerPac, PDO, etc.
- Support an international and domestic US workload
- Manage the custom configuration of production and test z/OS operating system LPARs. Familiar with a Sysplex environment.
- Installation and customization of IBM and non-IBM software products the run on the z/OS operating system.
- Ability to monitor the operating system using tools including RMF and BMC Mainview to improve performance and to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide follow-up support to various customer organizations
- Respond to issues generated from the Helpdesk, Operations, and Applications staff
- Create and maintain system policies and user documentation, including user guides and training material
- 7+years of related mainframe operating system support experience Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or four years of additional experience
- Ability to debug/ trace system processes to identify problems, e.g. using IPCS, Trace
- Proficient with system installation tools (SMP/E)
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX Systems Services under z/OS
- Knowledge of mainframe communication protocols tools such as VTAM, SNA and TCP/IP
- Participate in afterhours support rotation
- Experience maintaining 3 rd party software packages on an IBM mainframe including CA, BMC, COMPUWARE and ASG to name a few
- Knowledge of Unix System Services on z/ OSa plus, z/VM, SUSE Linux on z/VM (zLinux)
- Familiarity with z/OS Security products (RACF, Vanguard)
- Knowledge and experience with other IBM products such as MQ, TWS
- Familiarity with mainframe languages, Basic Assembler, COBOL, Fortran
- Ability to debug/ trace system processes to identify problems
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Ability to work with SMF data, knowledge of SAS and MXG a plus
Seven to Ten Years
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 14 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...