SunGard Public Sector’s local government applications have been successfully delivering advanced, fully integrated solutions to public sector organizations for nearly thirty years. Our government information technologies address the business requirements of cities and counties, public and private utilities, public safety and justice agencies, and not-for-profit organizataions.
Dedicated to serving municipalities worldwide, SunGard Public Sector’s market-leading products provide back-office integration, address wireless computing requirements of field personnel, and support the end-to-end delivery of electronic access to citizens and businesses.
For public safety & justice agencies, SunGard Public Sector solutions offer system-wide integration and interoperability for computer-aided dispatch, records management, mobile computing, and jails management.
• Will participate in the development and execution of thorough test plans to ensure adequate code and function testing coverage
• Create and execute functional and regression test cases along with appropriate test plan documentation.
• Working with developers, Product Managers and Support staff to develop software tests which verify and exercise product requirements to ensure thorough execution of process
• Will utilize the TFS system to record product quality control issues, track progress toward resolutions, communicate effective workarounds for clients and provide estimated completion dates for tested items
• Participation in the implementation of quality assurance metrics and continuous improvement program which will enhance the quality of SunGard Public Sector products and services.
• Developing new and modifying existing software testing processes and practices
Position Requirements: - In-depth knowledge of an industry standard QA practice and methodology required
- Bachelor degree in computer science, business or a related area with 3-5 years of experience in a software testing environment that includes functional and regression testing
- Or A.S. degree in computer science, business or related area with 4-8 years experience in a software testing environment that includes functional and regression testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - Individual must be highly motivated
- Must be able to work independently
- Proficiency in Agile test planning and techniques a plus
- TFS knowledge a plus
SunGard - 2 years ago