As a driver, you're important everywhere you go. Businesses and customers are excited to see you. You help companies get their products to the people who need them. And when you drive a Ryder Truck, you play an important part in keeping the economy moving. People around the world rely on you everyday to keep their businesses running smoothly.
Ryder drivers earn excellent money, get paid weekly and enjoy a great benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, 401(k), discount employee stock purchase program, credit union and much more. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply today.
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- 1 year verifiable driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL
- Ability to meet Ryder’s driving qualifications
A position has become available at our RIL First Quality operation in Oaks, PA.
Here are the details of the position:
· The work performed is a shuttle between Oaks, PA and King of Prussia, PA (approx. 8 miles one way) and yard work for the customer at both locations (the tractors are equipped with hydraulic fifth wheels)
· You start and end your shift in Oaks, PA
· The scheduled shift is Monday through Friday 03:00PM-Midnight.
· The shift is 9.0 hours long with a half hour lunch break, so 8.5-9.0 hours is a standard shift
o Overtime during the week will be extremely limited-the only true opportunity for overtime is on the weekend shifts
· You must be willing to volunteer to work a minimum of two weekends a month-if interested, you can work more than that, but no fewer than two per month
· The pay rate is $17.87/hr straight time with a $2.50 shift (one time payment per shift) premium. All hours over forty hours a week are paid at overtime.
This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards
- Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 23 months ago
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...