responsible for performing various skilled tasks related to remodeling facilities, including repairs to roofs, parking lots, and parking garages, to assure that district facilities are maintained in excellent condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
- Specific duties will depend upon job assignment, but will include a combination of the following:
- Install metal studs, hollow metal frames, work. From architectural drawings to establish proper layouts of walls and door frames.
- Hang drywall, tape finish and sand surfaces.
- Install HVAC supply and returns, to include hard duct work, flexible duct, ceiling drops and returns.
- Hang interior and exterior doors and associated hardware, to include ability to lift solid oak and steel doors.
- Install floor covering ensuring layouts and patterns are proper for patching or new installation.
- Install concrete forms for walks, drives and parking lots to include setting forms, doing grade work, screening, finishing, pulling forms, clean up, and backfill.
- Remove or demolish existing structural material to include carpet and tile removal, hauling from job site to dumpsters, and clean up.
- Repair and/or replace roof systems.
- Implement energy saving devices as directed.
- Coordinate new electrical work with existing work and correct any deficiencies discovered in existing work.
- Repair and/or replace asphalt drives and parking lots, restriping parking spaces using airless equipment.
- Removal of old ceiling systems and installation of new systems, to include wall angle, 2 or 4 foot T’s, main runners and tile.
- Use appropriate safety equipment and care for all tools and equipment properly according to established rules and procedures.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED plus two (2) years directly related work experience in construction trades area or commercial remodeling in addition to the above criteria.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions and/or directions provided verbally, in writing, or in graphic (blueprint) form.
- Ability to identify and express problems and develop solutions from alternative methods and procedures.
- Ability to devise or modify methods or processes to solve specific problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively both verbally, including telephone, and in writing using the English language.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, and product labels.
This job requires that the employee be able to: stand and/or work on feet for up to eight (8) hours at a time; ability to kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, reach in all directions, grasp small items, stoop, push, move cartons, carry tools and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds, lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds, and grip up to thirty-five (35) pounds and grasps small items. Must be able to perform duties requiring good balance and ability to respond quickly to a scene; visual ability requires mono and color vision, ability to discriminate size, shape, temperature, and texture of objects, discriminate visual depth relationships at near and far distances, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to maneuver on stairs, uneven, or soft surfaces such as grassy or unpaved areas; and must be able to climb and maneuver on ladders, scaffolds, and rooftops. Move from room to room, building to building and site to site. Work outdoor fifty (50) % of the time. Will be frequent exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibration and temperature changes; work at fast pace with interruptions. Frequently work alone and must possess a valid driver’s license. Responsibilities occasionally require a flexible work schedule which may involve overtime, evening and/or weekend work.