Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana is seeking an Instructional Designer to join our Organizational Development department. The Instructional Designer is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and delivering training curricula, materials, and programs to meet specific training needs. The position consults with leaders across the organization providing guidance and training to employees at all levels of the organization, and collaborates with subject-matter experts to obtain information and develop training and supplemental materials for organizational training assignments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and coordinate the implementation of training strategies and curricula intended to improve individual and/or organizational performance, using instructional design techniques (needs analysis, learning objectives, accelerated learning, testing/evaluation).
- Develop, update, and maintain training guides and supplemental materials; may review and edit others’ work to ensure adherence to standards of instructional integrity.
- Organize and present complex technical materials effectively in written form, e.g., training manuals, job aides, instructor guides.
- Assist subject-matter experts (SMEs) and operations team members with selection of appropriate instructional interventions, development of instructionally sound course objectives, design and development of realistic scenarios and case studies, design and development of valid assessment items/tools and evaluation of materials.
- Manage curriculum content, collaborating with operations trainers and SMEs to assess curriculum needs and to ensure consistency of curriculum content.
- Conducts follow up and ROI assessments to determine applicability, retention, and application of course material.
- Lead project assistance efforts for various corporate initiatives ensuring knowledge transfer, updated development of material, and deployment of training.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in a related field and two years related experience (including health insurance industry, training development and delivery, consulting, management experience, curriculum design, project management) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated training course design, development, and delivery skills.
- Demonstrated writing skills and technical documentation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead training efforts for large corporate projects and ensure successful training deployment corporate-wide.
Additional Skills of Interest:
- Functional knowledge of the health insurance industry or medical field.
- Familiarity with a variety of Human Resource concepts, practices, and procedures, and leadership and management training at all levels of the organization.
- Functional knowledge of learning management systems and integrated learning tools.
- Ability to c onsult, coach, and mentor employees and leaders.
- Project management experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Industry certifications are desirable; CTT+, CPLP, and Instructional Designer, Certified Trainer, or other approved certifications through an accredited professional organization.
Benefits That Make a Difference!
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana offers its employees benefits that are truly comprehensive, competitive and affordable. We offer the following health, educational and lifestyle benefits:
- Exceptional benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- 401k with company match
- Retirement plan
- Vacation and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Paid time off for community service activities
If you would like to be a part of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana and our commitment to Montana, please apply online today at www.bcbsmt.com . In addition to submitting your information online, at the same time please download and complete the employment application located on our website and email to email@example.com with the position title as the subject line. A completed application must be submitted for you to be considered. This position will remain open until filled, but materials received by 5pm Tuesday, February 19, 2013 will be considered during the first review. Further application reviews will be done only if needed.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana - 18 months ago
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The mutually owned company consists of...