Apple American Group LLC owns and operates approximately 439 Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar restaurants in Alabama, California, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin, WashingtonState and West Virginia. Apple American is the largest franchisee, employing over 25,000 people, and is one the two largest franchisees of any concept in the United States. Apple American Group owns and operates 46 Applebee’s locations in Southern & Central California and Las Vegas. We continue to remain dedicated to making every location a truly neighborhood restaurant responsive to the needs of each guest, each employee, and each community.
Coupling local empowerment with deep resources and high standards, Apple American Group strives to be the premier franchise group in the Applebee’s system.
If you have an exceptional and proven track record as a restaurant manager and want to share your enthusiasm for great guest service, send us your resume!
- We are currently seeking a results-driven manager with a commitment to quality, passion for exceptional guest service, and a “Whatever It Takes” attitude for an exciting career opportunity.
- We believe in revitalizing our restaurants to make an exceptional experience for you and the guest. With the passion and desire to be the premier franchise group, we are continually growing, and opportunities for advancement and growth are here!
- Restaurant Managers report to the General Manager and assist in leading the operations of the restaurant and a team of 40+ hourly associates.
- Pay for performance culture where you will be rewarded for your performance based on agreed upon performance objectives and target performance ratings.
- 5 Day work week
- 2 weeks paid vacation/year; 3 weeks paid vacation/year after 5 years.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Career focused training – Participate in 9 week training program to get you started.
- Applebee's offers their associates an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and monthly bonus opportunities.
Ideal candidates should have two years prior management experience in a similar organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manages Restaurant Environment
Manages Employee Performance
- Ensures prompt, friendly service according to company guidelines, achieving established objectives of the unit
- Directs overall activities and performance of employees on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Fosters a culture in accordance with the Apple American Group Gold Card of Values and Beliefs.
- Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards, utilizing line checks to Apple American standards.
- Effectively schedules employees to meet sales demands.
- Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
- Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
- Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General Manager/Area Director of needed repairs.
- Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential management candidates.
- Promotes Apple American Group training procedures of new managers.
- Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, employee meetings and implementation of company policy and training systems.
- Assesses the effectiveness of employees, provides candid, fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with employees on their areas of development.
- Monitors acceptable employee performance and documents situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective action. Completes and maintains appropriate paperwork for employee files.
- Assures compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible to control cost in assigned department.
- Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
- Assures compliance with the local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Complies with all cash handling procedures.
- Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the AD/EGM/GM’s request and is accountable for completion.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the AD/EGM/GM.
- Assures sanitation standards meet or exceed Health Department standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reading, writing, basic math and verbal communication skills
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment, and other food preparation equipment.
- Capable of using POS and Back Office computer system.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
- Lead by example & coach others
- Successfully manage a budget & positively impact financial results
- Build a strong team
- Identify and solve problems
- Build & Maintain guest satisfaction
- Great Leadership skills are a necessity for career growth and success in this position
Monster - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Come grow with us! Apply today to work with the largest casual-dining chain in the world!