The operations geologist is the key interface between the subsurface planning group and the drilling and completions group
Responsible to communicate target line changes to drilling supervisor as necessary through geosteering analysis
A strong knowledge of wireline operations, log interpretation and LWD interpretation is important
Prepare well path plans for drilling
Identify geological drilling hazards, clearly communicate to drilling and provide mitigation plans where required
Help develop well placement process Identify landing zones
Recognize log characteristics best suited to steer well into optimal position for completions
Well look back analysis with emphasis on developing and implementing a lessons learned culture so as to aim for continuous technical improvement
Data acquisition planning
Assist with technical bid preparation, evaluation and recommendation of service providers products
Responsible for preparation of well final geological report, assisting planning team to incorporate data into longer term models and improve field understanding
As part of the subsurface team, input to field development planning
Work with partners, developing relationships that will improve the chances of Statoil’s arguments being implemented in the field
- Bachelor's in a geosciences discipline
- Two + years of industry experience
- Two + years of operational experience
- Experience with shale gas and/or tight gas plays
- Position requires strong technical skills, ability to work well with others and a desire to make a difference on large impact opportunities
- Very proficient with maintaining a geological database and familiar with the relevant software
- Ability to effectively use well data and production databases (IHS, HPDI etc)
- Familiar with Geographix, Openworks, Seisworks, Excel, Spotfire, geosteering software
Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
- Independent, self-motivated, creative, results oriented, can work to given deadlines
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Statoil - 17 months ago
- 2 days ago
- 6 days ago
- 17 days ago
Statoil ASA (Statoil), formerly StatoilHydro ASA is an integrated energy company based in Norway with locations in approximately 40 other...