Education, Certification & Licenses:|
retail setting, as well as quantitative methods acquired through formal
- This position requires knowledge of buying and merchandising in a
education or 2 - 3 years on-the-job application. Also required is
computer proficiency in spreadsheet software and word processing, and
strong writing and verbal skills to prepare reports and presentations.
Equivalent to a Bachelor#s degree in Marketing, Business Administration
or related field.
- Minimum 5 years retail buying experience in a multi-store/ multi-
- Previous buying experience with 3 years in ecommerce
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiating skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Business acumen with ability to work with and communicate with Senior
The Manager, eCommerce Product Merchandising is responsible for
contributing to the establishment of a one-three year strategic
direction for respective area(s) of accountability. The Manager,
eCommerce Product Merchandising must gain an understanding of the
complexities and unique growth opportunities in eCommerce. Initiatives
and goals will be tied to the success of achieving stated goals.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Actively participates with a team of merchants that impact many
other business units and support functions throughout the company.
2. Meet expectations of all aspects of profit and loss (P&L) related to
each category of responsibility.
3. Work within established relationships with large vendors with
assistance from merchants with regard to specifically identified
4. Remain current on industry trends that could lead to development of
new strategic initiatives to help/support one or many business units
grow sales and/or profitability.
5. Participate in training programs to ensure clear communication of
#How we do things here.# Standards should be consistent throughout all
of merchandising and compare to #best in class# retailers globally.
6. Ensure cooperation with cross-functional teams (merchants,
advertising, pricing and merchandising administration) to maximize
through-put. Treats all team members as respected partners.
7. Remain accountable for all commitments on all financial metrics.
Solicits advice and counsel from professional resources such as
8. Support plans that significantly enhance the financial levels of the
9. Assume responsibilities appropriate for an eCommerce Product Manager
to ensure the growth and success of the OfficeMax organization.
10. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
11. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
OfficeMax - 14 months ago
This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far behind...