We have an exciting and unique opportunity available working as a Quality Assurance Analyst within our Strategic Innovations Group. This position will comprehensively test website, mobile applications, and other initiatives developed by Penguin Group (USA). The Quality Assurance Analyst will be involved in all facets of quality assurance, including reviewing and clarifying requirements, writing quality assurance test plans, writing unit tests and other automated tests, and conducting manual tests.
While working in a team environment, this position will communicate with the team to ensure that issues are clearly documented and resolved and will develop a technical understanding of assigned areas (including functional and technical requirements, key user scenarios, and technical architecture).
If you consider yourself proactive, self-motivated, and a self-starter, this may be the perfect position for you!
Specifically, the Quality Assurance Analyst:
Develops quality assurance objectives, test plans, test cases, and test reports.
Collaborates with the team to ensure that requirements are clear and testable.
Conducts software functional testing for websites, mobile applications, and other internet-based applications.
Completes compatibility, functionality, regression, scalability, and performance testing.
Writes unit tests, and creates and executes other automated tests; Runs SQL queries as necessary to ensure that data is moving in and out of databases as expected.
Provides input into quality assurance staffing to ensure that all projects are thoroughly tested. Coordinates with project and technical leads to develop project schedules and resource allocation for quality assurance related projects.
Collaborates with developers and other team members to ensure that no known issues exist before the release and/or launch and that any post-launch issues are resolved.
Reports testing status, milestones, and issues to management and other stakeholders related to assigned projects.
Assists project management and technical leads with releases.
Acts in a leadership capacity to analyze and design quality assurance system environment and requirements, while staying up to date on the latest quality assurance techniques and tools.
Implements ongoing quality assurance improvement processes with interdepartmental teams.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one year of prior work experience in Software/Web Quality Assurance projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to work effectively independently and in teams
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager Tool, creating and managing test plans, test cases, running manual and automated testing, testing application performae and stress, and conducting coded UI tests
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Experience in System, Regression, Functional, and Black-box Testing
- Experience with Automation, White-box, Load, and Performance Testing
- Basic skills in Internet languages including C# and HTML
- Understanding of quality assurance and SDLC methodologies in an agile development process environment
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
If you would like to apply, click here. Please submit an email no larger than 500 KB.
Penguin Group USA - 14 months ago