Coventry Health Care, a $12.2 billion Fortune 500 organization, is a national managed health care company with nearly 5.1 million members in all 50 states. At Coventry Health Care, we are driven to ensure that every person and organization we serve receives the greatest possible value for their health care investment. We do this by providing a full range of competitive products through our seven core businesses – Commercial Risk, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Workers' Comp Services, Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan and Network Rental.
We are committed to constantly improving our low-cost platform so that we can deliver the products and services that our customers want at a price they can afford. Coventry has the expertise, the experience, and the agility to craft the new products, the new processes, and the new service needed to make healthcare more accessible to all Americans.
Our national managed care company is seeking an Operations Supervisor in our Newark, DE Service Center. As a strategic member of the Customer Service Operations (CSO) leadership team, the successful candidate will be responsible to guide and drive the development and activities of an organized team. The supervisor will oversee day-to-day operations of the service center and serve as a subject matter expert. In addition, the supervisor will interface directly with customers, train new employees, and resolve customer concerns. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of growing and improving a department.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits (401K with company matching, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and tuition reimbursement), vacation and sick time. This is a highly visible role dealing with business partners across the division and corporation, and being a part of motivating a dynamic team!
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Supervises an organized team of cross-functional team members to meet or exceed service requirements.
• Independently examines and analyzes the team’s performance against measured service operation goals; demonstrates ownership for overall team results; recommends and leads the implementation of plan(s) of action to improve the team’s service level.
• Drives the team to identify and implement process improvements; encourages ownership of and group participation in the improvement initiatives.
• Identifies training needs within the team; creates a training plan; coordinates and monitors cross-training efforts within the team to ensure members are knowledgeable in all technical areas.
• Trains and orients new and current employees on the team on products, policies and procedures; serves as product and process expert, and resource to team.
• Prepares for and/or conducts customer presentations; manages customer expectations.
• Leads team meetings; assists team members in improving their facilitation skills.
• Manages staff development and work standards; provides structured coaching and counseling.
• Researches customer information in response to difficult inquiries including, but not limited to, authorization, payments, denials, coordination of benefits, and eligibility; interfaces with customers by telephone, correspondence
and/or in person to resolve concerns.
•• Serves as a technical consultant to the health plans, customer service and claims departments regarding highly complex data interpretation and in developing new products and strategies as it relates to electronic enrollment files, member eligibility, group structure, benefit plans and member reconciliation.
Analyzes the impact of processes or technical changes on existing processes and interfaces, based on cross-functional knowledge of transaction systems and Enrollment and CSO operations.
Extracts and interprets data from transactional system and departmental databases for analysis, system set-up and plan initiatives
• Performs other duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 6-7 years experience in health care or related industry.
• Basic working knowledge of MS Office.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 1 -2 years previous supervisory experience.
• Experience in managing cross-functional, self-directed teams.
• Management of inbound customer service call centers.
• Knowledge of queuing theories, work force scheduling, and telecommunications.
• Knowledge of health care and/or related products, medical terminology, diagnosis and procedure coding, and coordination of benefits.
• Highly self-motivated and able to work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong listening and interpersonal skills; skilled at developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated leadership and motivation skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to train employees on all products and processes; ability to drive change.
Please apply directly to http://jobs.coventryhealthcare.com and refer to Req # 1212344, Supvr, Service Ops.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Newark, DE, US
Organization: 10750 - Service Center - Central Admin
Job Posting: 2012-12-24 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1212750
Coventry Health Care - 14 months ago