Job Posting Title
Part Time Customer Service Associate - Maryland Heights, MO
US-MO, MARYLAND HEIGHTS
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Customer Service Associate works through multiple service channels to consistently provide a high level of customer service, as defined in the Grainger Service Promise. They navigate customers to solutions that help them get the job done and they drive sales growth by engaging in actions that identify leads for further selling opportunities with every customer.
Grainger’s typical operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Work Schedule will be 20 hours a week
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Assists customers in the selection of product by effectively communicating product and service offerings over the phone or in person.
- Uses the SAP system to provide information on pricing, availability and alternate product selection to complete customer transactions. Asks for the sale and goes after additional sales.
- Utilizes effective probing and listening skills to generate lead opportunities. Recognizes and responds to cross-sell opportunities and is able to successfully convert inquiries into orders.
- Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Uses the CIC to efficiently record and process orders, faxes, pending returns, returns, debits, credits, sourcing orders, inquiries, feedback and quotes. Captures lost sales to improve local inventory.
- Guides customers to other internal resources such as Technical Support, Credit, Grainger Parts and Sourcing or Sales as necessary.
- Meets established volumes for number of calls taken or customer interactions handled and can adhere to a strict schedule.
- Takes personal ownership for meeting established individual and team metrics. Consistently executes on all BBX requirements.
- Meets or exceeds monitoring standards on phones and at counter.
- Works effectively with others in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma
- Technology Savvy
- 1 to 3 years customer service experience
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required
- Must be able and willing to work in a warehouse environment on a consistent basis during initial training period or as needed based on business need.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide superior customer service.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone.
- Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses. Is open to developmental feedback and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Must be computer literate and able to learn required software programs including SAP.
- Professional in appearance, attitude and action.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer