About the Department
The Medical Surgical department has 30 beds in the Medical/Surgical/Complexity Intervention Unit specializing in pulmonary care, complex wound care and treatment of medical patients with a secondary behavioral health component.
About Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
At Banner Thunderbird Medical Center, innovative technology and compassionate caring create a unique healing environment. Within our nonprofit, 563-bed acute-care hospital, we offer an array of vital adult and pediatric services to more than 200,000 residents each year, including cardiology, surgery services, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, NICU, neurosurgery and comprehensive women and infants services. We are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals, are certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and feature a 35-bed Level III NICU that provides for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. In addition, the completion of our new patient care tower adds 188 beds to our facilities as we continue to serve as a major referral center for the northwest Phoenix area. From our robotic surgery and iCARE intensive care technology to our recently enhanced emergency department, we’re committed to putting the most sophisticated clinical tools in the hands of the most dedicated healthcare professionals. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides 24 hour managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
- Manages and facilitates patient centered nursing care for designated patient populations by serving as a real-time clinical expert for unit staff and physicians for escalated problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues. Manages the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management and resource utilization.
- Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with the director. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Facilitates communication of system, regional, facility and department initiatives.
- Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources.
- Assures the development of staff leadership through the design of effective shared leadership models and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
- Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
Must possess a strong knowledge of nursing and healthcare as normally demonstrated through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 3-5 years of clinical management experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. In LTC setting: Requires familiarity with Alzheimer’s disease and developmental disabilities.
Master's degree in nursing preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 8 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.