We are currently seeking motivated, organized, detail-oriented individuals to work in the Bernalillo, Guadalupe and Torrance County areas to collect data for an important study for the U.S. Public Health Service. Successful applicants will be trained to use a laptop computer to screen household members and collect information about alcohol use and disorders and related physical and emotional health conditions. Interviewers will also obtain a saliva sample using a collection kit.
• Be fluent in both written and spoken English and Spanish;
• Have strong communication skills and previous interviewing or public contact experience;
• Have the ability to locate sampled addresses by using maps and other sources;
• Be able to lift and carry 15 pounds, walk up to two blocks, and climb stairs while carrying equipment with or without a reasonable accommodation;
• Have a broadband Internet connection and a landline telephone;
• Be willing to work at least 20 - 25 hours per week, mostly evenings and weekends with some daytime hours;
• Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension and regular access to an insured, reliable vehicle; and
• Attend a paid out-of-town training session to be held in early March.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, criminal records history.
This is a part-time nonexempt position with limited benefits. Pay rates are contingent upon geographic location and level of experience. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter and have a minimum high school diploma or GED, this position may be right for you.
WESTAT - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Survey the market research business, and you'll find Westat among the leaders of the pack. A statistical survey organization, the company...