Naval Architect/ Structural Engineer (Job Number: 311757)
SAIC has a contingent opening for a Naval Architect/ Structural Engineer with practical structural engineering experience in Norfolk, VA.
- Analyzes, researches and develops structural and mechanical engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs
- Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowable and structural modeling
- Specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis
- Tools utilized may include CATIA, IDEAS, ProEngineer, AutoCAD, FEMAP/NASTRAN, RISA, and a variety of software applications to develop designs of tools, structures, and equipment onboard naval ships
- The ability to check and sign analyses and drawings of other engineers depicting structural/mechanical designs
- Serve as design engineering lead and primary technical contact for large design projects
- Manage multiple designs simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet cost, schedule and quality objectives
- Interface with local regional maintenance center engineering leadership on budget, scope, and risk issues associate with the repair of shipboard structural spaces and equipment
- Must have excellent communication skills to interface with numerous other Engineering and Trades organizations and work with minimal supervision. Good technical writing and organizational abilities are required in order to meet commitments.
- Additional duties and responsibilities assigned by the US Navy customer
- Active Secret Clearance
- 10 years’ experience with Bachelors in Engineering or 7 years’ experience with Masters or 4 years’ experience with PhD
- Requires the ability to physically access a wide variety of work sites, including those aboard US Navy vessels in various stages of construction or overhaul, including the use of vertical and inclined ladders, and may involve limited kneeling, stooping, standing, etc.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Ability to travel and work aboard US Navy vessels, including overseas locations
- Experience and working knowledge of US Navy Regional Maintenance Center organization
Note: Wounded Warrior Encouraged To Apply
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 18, 2013, 9:32:17 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 19 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...