Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Responsible for ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds sales objectives. Works with regional
manager to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve annual
sales objectives in assigned territory. Coordinates activities with clinical consultants. Works with regional
manager to negotiate contracts with external customers. Keeps the company informed of market dynamics and
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Represents AMO Corneal products to appropriate customer base within a designated geographical area, placing major emphasis on promoting AMO’s contact lens solutions and dry eye products to enhance doctor generated recommendations.
- Assigned sales goals are achieved through creative, consultative selling and implementation of the US
- marketing plans.
- Develops customer commitments through consulting methods, AMO’s Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), doctor education, local and regional conferences, state eye care association meetings, schools of optometry and key ophthalmic networks of doctors.
- Provides technical product knowledge and service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers source of business advantages to the Eye Care Practitioner (ECP) by coupling the ECP’s business and practice objectives with products, services and solutions offered by AMO.
- Develops and maintains an effective routing and business plan for the territory.
- Develops and implements account specific programs.
- Manages AMO field assets to include samples, company car and sales force automation.
- Cross-selling Business Development
- Works with Retail, Refractive and Cataract sales teams (Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Managers, Refractive Implant Specialists & Territory Managers) in growth of AMO refractive and cataract market share and procedures via an in sync approach to account interaction and direction, utilizes cross-selling plan and ECP education to encourage eye care customers to share refractive and cataract solutions with their patients.
- Identifies new, targeted accounts within the territory in partnership with the refractive and cataract teams, along with appropriate corporate alliances.
- Communicate with and motivate customers via direct meetings and interactions with physicians, administrators and key staff members.
- Participates in refractive and cataract sales calls to better understand the business and build relationships.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is
reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Must be able to work independently as well as a teammate to support corporate goals and objectives. This includes to potential of 25-40% overnight travel.
B.S./ B.A. from a accredited College or University or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 3 years professional selling experience. Experience in the pharmaceutical or contact lens industry preferred but not required.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....