Take your career to the next level at a top 10 U.S. CPA and advisory firm. At BKD, we offer the resources you need to go as far as your talent will take you. Build your skills focusing on specific industries and service areas while delivering unmatched client service to high-profile companies and organizations. Take a closer look at BKD, a stable, growing firm that offers you competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Work with great people and experience rewarding career opportunities. Our approximately 2,000 CPAs, advisors and dedicated staff are based in 29 offices that serve clients in 50 states and internationally.
BKD has an opening in our East Region Risk Services Team as a senior consultant.
This position will serve as a member of the risk services team, and be committed to unmatched client service. As a member of our risk services team, travel is required to serve our regional market. This position offers an opportunity for candidates who possess excellent time management, communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management. BKD offers a challenging, dynamic, progressive work environment along with an opportunity to grow professionally. Dedication to client service is essential in this position.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following functions:
- Conduct business process reviews to evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls and assess the efficiency of operations
- Document processes via flowcharting, the identification of related risks and identification of key internal controls (operational, IT, financial and regulatory)
- Perform control testing, summarizing results and formulating recommendations as needed.
- Evaluate application and data integrity controls such as interface balancing, edits, etc.
- Determine compliance with regulatory requirements for Sarbanes Oxley and J-SOX
- Interface with the senior management of BKD clients
- Participate in client meetings and executive presentations
- Prepare reports based upon audit results, audit documentation, and client responses
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to travel regionally to serve clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint)
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity employer with policies designed to ensure equal opportunities in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, training and development without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or creed, disability, national origin or any other protected status.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working within an internal audit department or risk management practice
- Bachelor's degree required
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) a plus
- Experience with ACL a plus
BKD, LLP is the CPA and advisory firm of choice for growing companies and high net-worth individuals. As one of the 10 largest firms in the...