The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the merchandising team and partnering with their Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day business. He/she leverages organizational and analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals.
Position Responsibilities :
Position Requirements :
- Ensure all information and samples are set up and organized for easy access by all team members
- Maintain on order tracking and follow up, PO sample tracking and daily reporting
- Possess knowledge of overall department to be able to provide team members with all requested information
- Run selling reports and analyze to identify best and slow sellers; Review with team to determine how information should be interpreted and reacted to
- Visit stores and shop competitors to understand promotional strategies and customer base
- Develop an understanding of weekly reports and source of statistical data
- Work to increase knowledge by combining reports and formulating conclusions
- Introduction to understanding the Unit Q
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members (Design, Production, Planning & Allocation, etc.)
- Understand the different roles of the cross-functional team and how they relate to the Merchandising role
- Work with Planning and Allocation to oversee the PO process
- Take detailed notes during line reviews with Design; Follow thru on any outstanding issues
- Partner with Production to update and monitor on-order and shipping reports; Surface any potential issues to supervisor
- Filter information to draw inferences, create solutions, and adjust strategies to maximize the business and drive the merchandising process forward.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and further personal & professional development.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package that includes outstanding bonus potential, a casual work environment, a generous merchandise discount and realistic growth potential. Aéropostale, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of retail math concepts
- Understanding of the youth market and Aero customer
- Commitment to learning and continuous development
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the...