Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, additions to existing applications. Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards. Guide programmers/developers on technical issues.
- Develop or review development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance. Review test results and direct further development.
- May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
- May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Strong Java and messaging skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive development and integration experience
- Extensive application support experience
- Teaming and collaboration across multiple technology and business teams
- Experience on large initiatives, integrating multiple system
- TIBCO JMS
- Financial Services
- Agile software development
- Working with vendor teams
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 18 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...