Supervision, Coordination or Work Direction
- Prepare accurate quantity surveys and estimates for those divisions of the bid as assigned.
- Complete assignments by due dates as indicated on the bid responsibility sheet.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier quotations or scheduling input as required for the assignments. Build relationships.
- Participate in plan review and estimate reviews for respective projects bidding.
- Assist in the compiling of historical cost data for project estimates and bids.
- Prepare lists of subcontractors/suppliers confirmed to be bidding on project.
- Make calls to Architects/Engineers requesting clarifications or additional information regarding projects currently being worked on. Build relationships.
- Assist Lead Estimator on bid day as assigned.
- Become familiar in the usage of all estimating software.
- Other duties and responsibilities upon request .
Summary of the Expected Outcome(s)
- Provide leadership to other team members in the department by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment.
- High quality professional level work product, a positive attitude and behavior traits, initiative and productivity are expected in this position.
- Performance should meet and/or exceed the positions established standards, goals and accountabilities.
- Two year associates degree in Architectural Drafting & Estimating, or four year bachelors degree in construction management or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years commercial or industrial estimating experience, with a background in estimating self performed work.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing required.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc., is essential.
- Strong basic math skills
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
M. A. Mortenson Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amount of Travel
Mortenson Construction - 11 months ago
M. A. Mortenson Company leaves its footprints all over the country. The general contractor performs construction, development, and...