Supervisor, Full Time, Days, Patient Registration, ISMC
Job Code: 0862
The Supervisor supervises employees and processes for a designated department, shift and/or location. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Compiles and directs the preparation of any reporting needs as they relate to the department
* Evaluates and streamlines processes and assists with implementation and training
* Collaborates with patients, families and physicians on estimates for procedures
* Contacts insurance companies, physicians, and patients to verify insurance information in order to meet contractual requirements and decrease risk of financial loss
* Supervises department staff, including hiring, scheduling training, evaluating performance and competency, and conducting disciplinary/counseling sessions as needed
* Achieves specific revenue cycle targets and goals
* Utilizes performance improvement process and scorecard feedback to effect change
* Ensures completion of admitting functions including, but not limited to: scheduling outpatient procedures, registering, reviewing, and entering patient charges for billing purposes, identifying and tracking missing charge items, correction charge errors on patient accounts, and organizing inter-operative records for storage
The Supervisor reports to the appointed Director or Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Minimal. Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids. Must follow standard precautions as needed.
VII. Required Competency Test(s)
* 2 years college coursework, college degree in related field preferred
* 2 years of experience in related field may be substituted for college
* 1 year supervisory experience
* Bilingual Spanish (verbal/written) preferred
* 2 years of experience in healthcare financial or medical assistance program
* Experience in admitting, billing, or health insurance industry preferred
* Knowledge of legal documents, full disclosure laws, credit analysis, and the fair debt collection practices preferred
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Knowledge of admitting/registration process, insurance verification and operations
VII. Required Competency Test(s)
INTEGRIS is a not-for-profit organization and the state's largest private Oklahoma-owned health system with nearly 9,000 employees working...