(Job ID: 215934)
Senior Network & Voice Engineer Job Description
The Senior Network & Voice Engineer will participate in leading architecture and operation of voice and data communication systems, including enterprise Avaya/Cisco VOIP, call center, Cisco switching & routing and unified communication integration. The position assumes the lead role for the Americas region in the areas of data and voice networks leveraging applicable best practices for network design for active and passive components. Leads problem management and resolution in the support of deployed technology and acts as subject matter expert on high severity production outages. Works with external vendors to drive technical accountability for network reliability, baselines, architecture, and solutions engineering. Assist in continued growth of our business by supporting the next generation of converged data/voice fixed and mobile platforms into our enterprise.
Main Responsibilities Includes
· Primary role is to provide technical and operations support of existing Telecommunication infrastructure.
· Ensure related operating environments are meeting the standards for highly-available service delivery to our customers.
· Understand and assess organizational uses and assist in development of policies and procedures.
· Monitor and manage the performance, capacity, and operating environment for related infrastructure.
· The position will be responsible to provide 24/7 tier-3 on-call support
· Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as computer science, computer engineering or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
· 7+years of strong technical experience in coordinating the implementation and operation of voice and data communication solutions.
· Must have exceptional time management skills, be customer oriented and strong organizational and coordination skills.
· Preferable Certifications: Cisco CCIE, CCNP, CCNA and/or Avaya or comparable experience
· Desired Skill sets: Expert Avaya VOIP, Routing, TCP/IP, QoS, Avaya ACD, 7+ years working experience with a broad range of hardware, networking and telephony solutions.
· In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP
· Wireless LAN experience a plus
Language Skills: English Expert
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application. Your contact partner: Continental AG, Recruiting, Human Resources.
Continental AG - 17 months ago