JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our customers, associates and/or shareholders.
Obtains necessary information (i.e. loan application information, credit documents, appraisals, title work, etc.) to process and complete mortgage loan files. Verifies all loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. Has knowledge of common mortgage concepts, practices and procedures.
1.) Verifies and compiles application information for mortgage loans: Reviews residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities and length of employment.
2.) Recommends that loans not meeting standards are denied.
3.) Types and mails approval, compliance disclosures or denial letters to applicants.
4.) Submits appropriate files to Private Mortgage Insurance Vendors.
5.) Calls or writes credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
6.) Orders appraisal, title commitment, flood certification, credit and other services to process file.
7.) Informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
8.) Communicates with Mortgage Loan Originator on status of file.
9.) Maintains pipeline of files.
10.) Communicates with vendors.
11.) Submits file to underwriter once all documentation has been received to review file.
12.) Contacts Mortgage Loan Originator on approval or denial of file.
13.) Coordinates closing with Mortgage Loan Originator and Mortgage Loan Closer once loan is approved.
14.) Maintains & reconciles pipeline to loans in process general ledger.
15.) Interacts with others (co-workers, management, clients and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
· High school diploma.
· 2-4 years of mortgage loan processing.
· Basic knowledge of mortgage loan origination, documentation and processing.
· Basic level of work experience, knowledge and training in mortgage loan servicing activities and terminology.
· Basic knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other bank lending policies.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Associate’s degree.
· Experience with government loans such as FHA, VA and RD.
· 4-6 years of experience in processing and closing activities .
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
· Above average ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, and make sound decisions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Average ability to make independent decisions.
- Customer service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Office setting with traditional hours.
· Standing for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
· Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
· Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
Bank Midwest is a leading community banking franchise, headquartered in Kansas City, MO. We serve clients throughout Missouri and Kansas by...