The ideal professional will be capable of skillfully merchandising guest rooms and function space to maximize revenue potential for the hotel and to ensure that customers have the best possible meeting experience.
Ones success will be measured by the achievement of monthly goals, develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
1. To achieve monthly rooms budget and room night booking goals.
2. To prospect, solicit and develop accounts within assigned market segments fully utilizing ACP (Account Coverage Program) and all other information sources.
3. To meet or exceed weekly sales goals for telephone solicitation, site inspections, luncheons, personal calls, new accounts and catering.
4. Active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
5. To provide excellent, consistent, personal service to clients prior, during and with follow-up after each event.
6. To personally greet on-site contact to assure all needs and last-minute needs are met. To check sleeping room arrivals and banquet space daily while group is in-house.
7. To be familiar with hotel banquet capacities, along with banquet, restaurant, front desk and housekeeping procedures to sell and service accurately.
Proficient computer knowledge, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to travel, reliable tranportation required for outside sales calls, ability to organize detailed information and multi-task, ability to work independently while acception ongoing training and supervision, willingness to learn designated markets, basic math skills to calculate room blocks, average rates and forecast. Four year college degree preferred, however any combination of education and training within hotel sales may also be considered.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts - 2 years ago