Yeo & Yeo is looking for a process-oriented Business Development Director to spearhead and grow our firm-wide business development initiatives. This role will help generate new business opportunities by coaching, motivating and challenging employees.
The position’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the business development strategy across the firm’s practice groups and offices throughout Michigan.
- Drive lead development via appropriate research and activities.
- Work with Principals and practice groups to determine effective, detailed approaches to pursuing new business while driving the follow-up, implementation and accountability.
- Analyze, evaluate and track business development initiatives across the firm; recommend strategies and tactics to increase the initiatives' overall effectiveness.
- Support the proposal development process and response to RFPs to include research, composition and follow-up.
- Crafting firm-wide training programs and coaching staff on business development, including individual business development plans.
- Research and analysis of individuals, companies, industries, and competitors to help determine a strategy for outreach.
- Collaborate with marketing department to help effectively position full spectrum of Yeo & Yeo services and solutions in the marketplace.
- Day-travel throughout the month will be required to our offices throughout Michigan and select state-wide events
- Ambitious, highly adaptable individual with a passion to help themselves and others succeed.
- Ability to manage work load and personal life where occasional work before and after typical office hours and weekends is necessary. Estimate 200 overtime hours a year.
- Ability to take direction from multiple decision makers.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in developing and driving results-oriented business development programs.
- A minimum 8 years of experience in the marketing and/or business development arena preferred.
- CPA firm or other professional service experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a specialization in business or marketing, or a field equivalent.
- Strong management skills, excellent communication (written and verbal), strategic mindset, decision making ability, process management focus and a team player.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and familiar with research and client/contact databases.
Yeo & Yeo P.C. - 30+ days ago