The SAN Engineer is responsible for the design, documentation, implementation and support of the SAN infrastructure that BTS oversees. Job responsibilities will involve making design decisions, developing team standards, and documentation that is based on the goals of project initiatives and changing business needs. This position will play a substantial support role involving different SAN related technologies, customer and team driven projects, handling incident tickets on a priority basis, and participation in service request orders to meet customer needs. A comprehensive performance management plan will involve the identification, discussion, and implementation of personal and business related objectives and goals aimed at career and team development.
- To communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
- Work in very fast paced and dynamic production environment
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision handling multiple tasks and priorities Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Dependable, self-motivated, organized, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Explore and apply emerging technologies that will support business technology needs
- Provide road maps for SAN infrastructure relating to application road maps and business needs
- Design, build, configure, and install SAN related equipment and technologies
- Assist SAN Administrators with providing routine SAN configuration, including provisioning and zone security for all Berkley companies, as requested.
- Monitor and track the health and performance of the SAN infrastructure.
- Create and distribute disk utilization, capacity planning, and trending reports.
- Oversee routine online upgrades to required service levels for all SAN switches and arrays.
- Design, administration and upgrades of all SAN management applications and tools.
- Design, administration and support of snapshot technology and data replication between datacenters.
- Collaborate with System Administration teams to deploy best practices and stewardship of all SAN resources.
- On-call rotation and off-hours work as required by change control procedures.
- Travel to DR site and company sites as required.
Berkley Technology Services - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard