Job Description Testing Specialist II-Incentive Compensation - 2540 Description
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
Testing Specialist (TSs) creates test deliverables and performs hands-on testing for BCBSF internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression, and end-to-end testing. TSs deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
Moderate to heavy keying required
- Create test deliverables and perform testing for internally developed or external purchased products
- Develop test scenarios and conditions based on pre-established business and technical requirements; set up and execute complex scripts independently
- Perform static, functional, technical integration, end-to-end and User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in reviews throughout the development life cycle
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing by providing the necessary support to the business users
- Set up test data beds based on data matching specific test conditions; Document and perform detailed analysis on test results
- Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.
- Documents problems or results inconsistent with expected results
- Create and Execute moderately complex SQL queries
- Execute automated test scripts
- Write/coordinate resolution of system defects. Ensure appropriate hand-offs and re-testing
Business Specific Criteria (preferred skills):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of progressive work experience in business and/or system testing
- 2 years of progressive work experience Performing ETL testing using Informatica.
- 2 years of progressive Work experience of data ware house testing and understanding data flow from different data sources for BCBSFL.
- Knowledge of different tiles, positions, participants and Configuration rules in Callidus/True Comp portal.
- Hands on experience on Actuate tool
- 2 years of experience in the health care insurance industry
- Strong knowledge of SDLC with an emphasis on testing methodologies.
- Solid work experience with testing management tools.
- Proven ability to extract data utilizing moderately complex SQL queries; ability to read logical and physical data models and understand the relationship between various tables
- Solid demonstrated ability to identify data needs and requirements for the respective test efforts
- Thorough understanding of the business process(s) and flows involved in the system capabilities being tested
- Ability to communicate with the business in business language and with developers in technical language
- Strong PC skills and demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology Primary Location Jacksonville Organization Blue Cross Blue Shield of Fla Schedule Full-time Posting Deadline Feb 10, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 18 months ago
Your Health Solutions Company
We’re here for the people of Florida with every aspect of their health and wellness—from the...