The associate will be responsible for second level troubleshooting and recovery of incidents on a variety of distributed platforms (Linux, Sun, AIX, HP, Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS, Hadoop, AS400) and on several mainframe environments. The position requires the associate to be well versed and make effective use of all available utilities and system tools to triage and resolve hardware and system software related problems. The associate will work closely with infrastructure, network, database and application support teams in order to maintain stability and availability of our production environments and ensure all systems remain available and performing within the agreed upon KPIs.
This position is a three day a week 12 hour schedule with an alternating (Saturday) fourth day every other week.
OSS Work Schedules:
Sun – Tues & Alternating Sat 09:00 – 21:00
Sun – Tues & Alternating Sat 21:00 – 09:00
Wed – Fri & Alternating Sat 09:00 – 21:00
Wed – Fri & Alternating Sat 21:00 – 09:00
• 5+ years of IT experience working with UNIX operating systems.
• 2 year Technical training or equivalent experience as an administrator on a UNIX platform (SUN, AIX, LINUX, HP).
• Demonstrated ability to apply incident analysis and resolution techniques to all system issues and events.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in order to properly document and communicate production related issues and processes.
• Good organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and make effective decisions
Additional Desired Skills/Experience:
• Windows OS and File systems experience.
• HTML, Java, Pearl, CGI, PHP
• Mainframe OS
• Active Directory \ Exchange
Sears Holdings Corp. - 15 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...