• Develop methods, practices and procedures in support of Toyota Production System principles and methodologies.
• Champions Continuous Improvement activities with a focus on measuring, analyzing and improving key performance indicators – safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale.
• Establish projects and/or operational teams such that organizational objectives are consistent with other organizations and the general needs of the business.
• Manage and delegate multiple or large projects and/or processes.
• Provide timely, constructive, and honest performance feedback and appraisals for all employees with emphasis upon results and demonstrated capabilities.
• Provide input and justification for staffing requirements.
• Maintain discipline of employees within established policy guidelines. Initiate appropriate disciplinary action.
• Initiate action and approve or recommend approval of promotions, merit increases, transfers, leave of absence and other personnel changes.
• Create and foster a team work atmosphere; solicit ideas from employees in fostering individual and material continuous improvement objectives.
• Work with management in the establishment of annual goals and objectives for department. Develop and maintain the necessary and appropriate policies, records, documentation, procedures, practices and discipline to effectively and efficiently achieve the objectives of your organization and your commitments to other organizations.
• Commits assigned resources within chartered guidelines to achieve objectives. Insure training, procedures and equipment are provided and utilized to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
• Represents the interests of the business in negotiations with other companies.
Entry level management role within organization, requiring a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent. 4 years professional and/or management experience is required. Experience in the technical competencies of the functional areas of responsibility is preferred. Proficiency in the following areas required: Daily application of Toyota Production System principles and Continuous Improvement methodologies. Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment preferred. Cross-functional knowledge of different manufacturing areas and ability to manage multiple functions. Exercise careful and appropriate judgment in evaluating personnel to accurately assess performance and comparative factors such that individual treatment is fair and consistent with peer organizations.|
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...