The Dispatch Supervisor assists the Dispatch Manager in ensuring that the Dispatch teams execute and perform as needed to meet operational goals. This position must model DIRECTV Dispatch policies and performance standards, provides coaching to Dispatchers, and resolves escalated issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Supervises employees in accordance with dispatch policies and procedures and ensures that performance levels are achieved.
- Supports the Dispatch Manager in implementing company programs and updates in policy and procedure to assigned team(s).
- Designate daily assignments for Dispatch teams.
- Responsible for scheduling breaks and lunch breaks in such a way that performance is not negatively impacted.
- Ensure the accuracy of weekly timesheets for Dispatch Manager's approval.
- Address performance issues; participate in or conduct employee performance reviews.
- Open or close the office (according to schedule).
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
- Provides direction and coaching to dispatchers during their shift on use of Siebel/RIO, Dispatch policy and Procedure, and general performance.
- Models a "customer first" attitude and demonstrates integrity, honesty, and knowledge.
- Maintains a calm presence during periods of high volume or unusual events to set an example for the team.
- Engages in conversation with customers to understand customer needs and resolve escalated issues.
- Constantly reviews environment (local, system) to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement, and communicates to Dispatch Manager.
- Communicates with Dispatch Manager, fellow Supervisors, and Leads.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong communication, team-building, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
- Ability to use discretion in providing direction to others.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate and execute management directives.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to multitask under pressure - coordinating simultaneous mental, manual, and visual activities.
- Skill in observing situations analytically, objectively, and relaying details accurately.
- Basic math and reading ability, basic computer skills.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, possible holidays, and additional time when needed.
- Must have a negative pre-employment drug test.
- Criminal and MVR backgrounds must meet company hiring criteria.
DIRECTV - 14 months ago
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead...