OVERVIEW: Located at SXC’s corporate offices in Lisle, IL, and reporting directly to the V-P of Capital Projects, the incumbent will be a part of the leadership team for the Capital Projects organization. He / she will be directly responsible for building, leading, and managing the project controls team supporting Suncoke’s major capital projects. The team will be responsible for effective schedule and cost tracking, reporting and forecasting on all large capital projects, and on designated plant projects. The position will also be responsible for the development and maintenance of an estimating data-base on the WinEst software platform. The incumbent is expected to provide hands-on management of project controls on all key projects, starting with the establishment of processes and procedures, participation in project reviews, identification and mitigation of potential project risks, and providing project management and senior management a look-ahead to project trends.
In addition, the incumbent will play a key role in developing FEL 1, 2, and 3 cost and schedule estimates using in-house information and external sources as required.
The position will require project related travel (~25% depending on project phase and needs). .
- Staffing and management of a Project Controls team for all SunCoke’s large capital projects.
- Directly responsible for the complete development of the WinEst-based estimating database, including all historical data from SXC projects, with the ability to quickly model and estimate the cost of new projects or major plant modifications.
- Involved early in the project cycle, will support project managers in developing project execution plans, project schedule and cost tracking & reporting procedures, preliminary schedules and cost estimates, as well as cash-flow forecasts.
- Will provide direct oversight on assigned projects, as well as managing a team of project controls personnel (combination scheduler- cost-control personnel) assigned to major projects.
- Responsible for the management and integration of project controls services provided by engineering and construction contractors
- Single-point of contact for the Finance organization to get monthly updates on cash-flow actuals and forecasts on all major projects
- Early involvement in FEL 1,2, and 3 activities, and support of cost and schedule estimates based on preliminary engineering.
- Responsible for supporting project management in the management of project change notices and contractor claims
- A minimum of 10 years work experience on large projects, with specific responsibility for project controls
- Strong experience in scheduling using Primevera P6 software, and estimating and cost-control systems.
- Demonstrated experience in project controls from conceptual stages to the commissioning and start-up of projects, including detailed engineering, procurement and construction
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory / managerial experience with demonstrated leadership capability.
- Knowledge and experience of estimating software, specifically, WinEst would be preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Bachelor’s degree with training / certification in above software / systems. Engineering / technical degree preferred. PMP certification would be an added advantage.
SunCoke Energy - 10 months ago