The Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH) is seeking an Admissions Officer for its Gulfport, MS facility.
The AFRH is an independent Federal Agency which most closely resembles a private sector Continuing Care Retirement Community with a geriatric resident population of distinguished Veterans who have served their country. If you would like to work in an environment that nurtures the Health and Wellness philosophy of aging and that provides a continuum of residential Life Care Services in a community setting for our Nation's Heroes. We invite you to visit our website .
- Review entire announcement before applying.
As an Admissions Officer, you will:
• Be responsible for handling the admissions process for residency at the Armed Forces Retirement Home, including contacting potential residents, obtaining and maintaining personal information, and completing associated administirative level duties.
• Serve as the primary advisor to the Chief, Resident Services, on matters relating to the daily welfare and morale of the Resident population in the Admissions and residency areas.
• Monitor activities in the areas of safety, sanitation and adequacy of facilities and be held responsible for ensuring proper property maintenance and accountability and compliance with standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
• Assist the Chief, Resident Services, by suggesting, drafting, reviewing, editing, and arranging for the publication of correspondence and internal Standard Operational Procedures.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet all qualification requirements, including the following, by the closing date:
QUALIFICATIONS Applicants must meet all qualification requirements, including the following, by the closing date:
- Specialized Experience:
• Specialized Experience: For the GS-12 You must have 52 weeks of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: ability to perform a variety of management and administrative services essential to the operation of an office, including services relating to customer service, serving as a team leader or supervisor, monitoring and reviewing contracts, and ensuring the effectiveness of a program and; ability to apply sound judgment and ingenuity in motivating apathetic individuals.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and coordinate program functions and initiatives with managers, supervisors, employees, and other organizations; skill in providing effective customer service; and ability to communicate orally and in writing. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, A, B, or C, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be rated in the second category or better to be considered as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here .
We offer a workplace that is respectful, fair, and values diversity. Our comprehensive benefits are very generous - helping you to reach your personal goals by supporting your professional growth, health, well-being, and your family needs. Learn more about Federal benefits programs, click here .
• We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
• We will not pay relocation expenses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
• Complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
• Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
• If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
• Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
• Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
• Successfully complete a background investigation.
• Obtain and maintain a security clearance.