Line of Business: Community Banking Div Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. BB&T?s Leadership Development Program graduate or equvalent program at
another financial institution
3. Minimum of three years experience
4. Basic understanding of credit and finance
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Excellent negotiation skills
7. Extensive knowledge of PC applications
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Handle loan requests from $100,000 up to a total credit relationship of
$3,000,000, demonstrate a general understanding of major technical aspects of
lending, and has a clear understanding of the basics of credit and finance.
2. May delegate work, set schedules, guide, advise, review and train area or
assigned personnel in the more complex phases of their work.
3. Work with City Executive, senior Business Services Officers and Credit
Officers to develop skills in prospecting, client management, call execution,
Integrated Relationship Management and credit underwriting.
4. Develop, approve, and service business loans for business and individual
clients within limits of authority.
5. Interview applicants to develop financial and credit information, to
ascertain needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request necessary information,
such as financial and operating statements.
6. Evaluate and extend credit and terms in accordance with policy and lending
7. Prepare and present/recommend to higher authority, individual, or committee
any loans in excess of authority.
8. Assume responsibility for proper documentation and review of accounts.
9. Monitor loans to ensure complete conformity with terms and to ascertain any
10. Aggressively call on potential and existing clients to maintain productivity
and profitability in lending and non-lending relationships; successfully
executes the BB&T Decathlon Sales Process.
11. Monitor, maintain and update sales activity, pipeline, and other pertinent
information using the Bank?s contact management system.
12. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments which impact the
loan portfolio, its profitability, and banking in general.
13. Ensure commercial banking relationships are fully developed, including
specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of our clients?
owners/management/employees by partnering with Wealth Management Advisors,
Private Bankers and Relationship Managers.
14. Identify and market non-credit services by partnering with Financial
Services Specialists in sales meetings, client and prospect calls, and
developing and delivery of custom solutions.
15. Prepare various reports as requested.
16. Service delinquent accounts as required.
17. Represent BB&T in the community by actively participating in civic
affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new
clients and enhance the Bank?s image.
18. If required, handle marketing function for profit center.
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...