Req ID 57814BR
Health & Safety Engineer
Location of Position
The Health and Safety Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of applicable safety and industrial hygiene support programs and company policies. To strategically plan for and assist in compliance with all federal, state and local EHS regulations. Act as liaison with external regulatory agencies. Communicate Baxter’s Global EHS Policies to the local facility. Responsibilities may involve taking a lead role in some select or specialized EHS programs and/or activities.
- Assist with communication, information gathering, evaluation and response to events or conditions that are not consistent with our operations.
- Lead the Industrial Hygiene program including but not limited to: risk assessment, sampling plan development, collection of data and interpretation/development of controls.
- Provide facility representation during various EHS audits including outside agency inquiries/inspections.
- Assist in the completion of annual Health and Safety reporting requirements into Baxter’s Environmental Reporting System (ERS). Assist in the validation of the quarterly ERS data from individual facilities. Develop regional EHS reports as needed.
- Track and report of various safety metrics to both the EHS Manager as well as the Senior Leadership team as necessary.
- Assist with tracking and communication of regulatory requirements that pertain to the facility.
- Assist facility directors with EHS training and develop written programs where applicable.
- Support the facility risk assessment process
- Develop and deploy the job hazard analysis program for all task across the facility
- Support the implementation of safety programs throughout the facility
- Assist with the facility Emergency response program
M.S. Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent planning, organizational, training, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Refined management and administrative skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization including outside stakeholders.
- Assist in developing and implementing local EHS policies and procedures.
- Interpret and act upon new and existing governmental (ie. EPA, OSHA, and DOT) regulations and/or company policy requirements.
- Interpret and act upon analytical and/or engineering data associated with safety and industrial hygiene activities.
- Will physically move about on foot to accomplish tasks, reaching, extending hands and arms in any direction and standing for sustained periods of time.
- As applicable must wear personal protective equipment in the form of eye, head and foot protection, hearing protection and may require the occasional use of a respirator.
- Flexibility to engage in work activities outside of the normal 8-hour workday. B.S. Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or related field with 1-3 years of relevant experience required.
Associate Safety Professional preferred
Doing Work that Matters
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits. To view additional opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.careers.baxter.com/. EOE M/F/D/V.
Baxter - 2 years ago
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily...